Featured Post

Hear Lady Gaga’s Beautiful Rendition of “Your Song” On Grammy’s Tribute to “Elton John: I’m Still Standing”

www.andrewalpin1.blogspot.com-lady-gaga-elton-john-concert

“My gift is my song, and this one's for you."

That is what Lady Gaga sang in a beautiful rendition of Elton John’s “Your Song’ in a tribute to Elton John as part of the "Elton John: I'm Still Standing — A Grammy Salute.". The iconic programme honoring Elton and his contribution to the music industry was organized by the Grammy organization that was aired on CVBS 2 on April 10th. The recording Academy even sent out teasers but among them, the most touching and amazing was Lady Gaga’s solo of “your Song’

Watch the video preview of Lady Gaga's awesome performance

Lady Gaga donned a classic Elton John style get-up complete with large spectacles showing the signature John Look. It seemed she stood out during the concert when belting out a perfect “your song in her rich and awesome voice.



The programme featured several artists like Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Kesha, Miranda Lambert and Alessia Cara to name a few. During the two hour concert, stars sang most of Elton John’s songs
John Said he was totally humbled by the experience “For all these artists to have come together and voluntarily agreed to do this without much cajoling, I have to say is a huge tribute to us. It’s the most wonderful feeling when someone sings your songs and so I’m absolutely thrilled and delighted,” John said.


www.andrewalpin1.blogspot.com-lady-gaga-elton-john-concert
The Grammy's Elton John: I'm still standing concert 

Elton's last tour

Elton John now 71 is a music legend and had announced during in January that the upcoming tour will be his last and he is happy knowing that his music is going to last well past his final concert. “As I get older I want my songs to get to younger people because I have a family now and I want them to inherit the songs and I want my songs to last so this is a great way of doing it,”
John also sang a number of his own songs and ended with “I’m still standing which was from the 1983 album “Too Low for Zero.


www.andrewalpin1.blogspot.com-lady gaga-elton-john-concert
Miley Cyrus at Elton John: I'm still standing Grammy tribute concert

 John, a five time Grammy winner said that ending his live performances would not signal an end to his career.   “I’m looking ahead. Sometimes I hear things on the radio and I think, that’s great, and sometimes when you rehearse for tour you have to go back and listen for stuff. I’m very proud of it, but I’ve always wanted to do the next thing,” he said.

www.andrewalpin1.blogspot.com-ady-gaga-elton-john-concert
Kesha at the Grammy's Elton John: I'm still standing concert

You can watch Tuesday night’s special, “Elton John: I’m Still Standing — A Grammy Salute,” starting at 9 p.m CBS2. Now that you must have been hooked by the preview of Lady Gaga singing ‘your song which first debuted in 1970, you can hear the full audio version below.